PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday 10th July 2018 at 7.30pm.
At Barrow Village Hall.
|Cllr M Moulstone – Chairperson
Cllr E Johnson
Cllr J Hassells (Joined the meeting 8.15pm)
Cllr F Rackham
Cllr S Weaver
Members of the public: 0
In accordance with the Local Government Act 1972 Part V which says, “if a member of a local authority fails throughout a period of six consecutive months from the date of his last attendance to attend any meeting of the authority, he shall, unless the failure was due to some reason approved by the authority before the expiry of that period, cease to be a member of the authority.” It was noted that Cllr Faulkner has not attended a meeting of the Parish Council for more than six months. His seat on the council is therefore vacant.
Cllr P Johnson
Cllr J Owen
|DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
There were no new declarations of interest and no dispensations sought.
ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES.
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the minutes as an accurate record of the meeting held 12th June 2018.
The Polofest event that was originally planned to be held in the local area has now been moved to Chester Lakes and will not impact local residents.
There were no members of the public present.
A. The Cash Book was accepted to date.
B. No income received
C. Payments for approval
Dee Valley Water £46.41
Grass cutting £530
Clerk pay July £337.26
Cleaning material at the pavilion £6
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the accounts for payment.
The planning register was accepted.
There were no other planning matters to discuss.
|REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND SUB GROUPS
1. Barrow Parish Playing Field Committee –The Playing Field committee are looking to bring in more teams to use the facilities. There has been discussions around the use of the pavilion as a location for the Village Shop.
2. Footpaths – There had not been a meeting of the footpaths committee.
Cllr Hassells joined the meeting
3. Police issues – There has been a spate of Land Rover thefts and residents are advised to watch out for suspicious behaviour. The PCSOis now trained on the use of the speed gun and will be visiting the village. A local resident has contacted the Parish Council about a trailer which has been abandoned on the road opposite her house. The Clerk has contacted PC Boulton.
4. Barrowmore Liaison – Barrowmore have advertised for a new member of staff. Branches on the road leading to Barrowmore still have not been removed.
5. Allotments – There is a new shed being installed at the allotments.
6. NDP – There were no new updates at this time.
Following the recent work there were no new Highways updates.
The Clerk will look into paint supplies for the BT phone box so it can be spruced up prior to installation of the defib.
Thirty large poppies have been ordered, Cllr Johnson will contact the Barrow News about the event. All monies raised would be shared between the British Legion and Help the Heroes. 152 tickets are available via members of the Parish Council and will cost £5 per adult and £15 for a family of 4.
Cllr Rackham left the meeting at 8.50pm
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION OR NEXT AGENDA
WW1 event update
The meeting closed at 8.55pm
DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday 11th September 2018 at 7.30pm