|Cllr M Moulstone – Chairperson
Cllr J Hassells
Cllr E Johnson
Cllr J Owen
Cllr S Weaver
Members of the public: 2
Cllr A Faulkner – Work commitments
Cllr S James – Unwell
Cllr P Johnson – Work commitments
Cllr F Rackham – Family commitments
|1.||ELECTION OF CHAIR FOR THE YEAR AHEAD
Cllr E Johnson proposed Cllr M Moulstone as the Chairman for the year ahead. This was seconded by Cllr S Weaver. RESOLVED unanimously that Cllr M Moulstone be Chairman for the year ahead.
|ELECTION OF THE VICE CHAIR FOR THE YEAR AHEAD
Cllr Hassells proposed Cllr P Johnson as Vice Chair for the year ahead this was seconded by Cllr S Weaver. RESOLVED unanimously that Cllr P Johnson be the Vice Chair for the year ahead
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
There were no new declarations of interest and no dispensations sought.
ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES.
Proposed by Cllr E Johnson to accept
Seconded by Cllr S Weaver
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the minutes as an accurate record of the meeting held 10th April 2018.
No members of the public wished to speak having had the opportunity to discuss issues at the earlier Annual Parish Meeting.
A. The Cash Book was accepted to date.
B. No monies received.
C. Payments for approval
T Spruce grass cutting £400
Clerk pay May 337.26
Clerk expenses 32.84
Barrow Village Hall 54.00
Barrow Village Hall 73.50
ChALC Membership Fee £284.40
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the accounts for payment.
The planning register was accepted.
A new application at 10 Manor Park was discussed, there were no objections to the application.
|REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND SUB GROUPS
1. Barrow Parish Playing Field Committee –Vandalism has caused damage to the roof and internal damage. The internal damage needs to be repaired, costs are estimated to be in the region of £140. Grass cutting has commenced by Mr Spruce, Cllr Moulstone will keep members updated.
2. Footpaths – The next meeting takes place 21st May. Cllr Weaver has passed on information from the Clerk about accessing historical Parish Council minutes at the county archives.
3. Police issues – The local police are now using the Bowshaw Centre at Dunham on the Hill as a base, it is possible they will be joined by other police departments in the future.
4. Barrowmore Liaison – A serious incident involving Barrowmore took place on 7th May, this is being investigated by the police and no further details are available at this time.
5. Allotments – The allotments committee are considering the purchase of a shed with the money allocated for allotments in the budget. Cllr Hassells will keep members updated.
6. NDP – There were no new updates at this time.
Road re-surfacing works are very welcome, there will be a number of closures and diversions in place but access to properties will be maintained.
This item will be moved to the next agenda as Cllr Rackham was not present.
Cllr Johnson has arranged for the Fire Service choir to give a concert on Saturday 10th November at 2pm at the church. This will be followed by an afternoon tea at the Village Hall. All monies raised would be shared between the British Legion and Help the Heroes.
Cllr E Johnson to contact Barrowmore about catering options
Cllr E Johnson to investigate poster and ticket printing
Cllr S Weaver to order 30 poppies
The Clerk to book the Village Hall between 12 and 5pm on the day of the event.
The new data protection regulations come into force on 25th May. The council will hold an away morning on 30th June between 10am and 1pm to ensure they are fully compliant using the guidance provided by the Cheshire Association of Local Councils
The Clerk will adapt the model privacy notice and ask Cllr Owen to post on the Parish Council website
The Clerk will investigate appropriate encrypted memory stick or drive to secure sensitive information held electronically e.g. employee data
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION OR NEXT AGENDA
WW1 event update
Apologies for the next meeting were received from Cllr Weaver who will be on holiday and Cllr E Johnson who is celebrating her birthday.
The meeting closed at 9pm
DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday 12th June 2018 at 7.30pm