|Cllr M Moulstone – Chairperson
Cllr E Johnson
Cllr P Johnson
Cllr J Owen
Cllr F Rackham
Cllr S Weaver
Members of the public: 2
Cllr J Hassells
Cllr S James
|DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
There were no new declarations of interest and no dispensations sought.
ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES.
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the minutes as an accurate record of the meeting held 9th October 2018.
Members of the public raised the following matters:
· The availability of footpath committee minutes on the website
· Mud and debris on the road at Morley Hall Farm and dust being emitted from the buildings.
· Horse signs and cyclist signs
A. The Cash Book was accepted to date.
B. £105 was received for the WW1 event £30 received from footpaths booklets and £2540 from the bonfire event.
C. Payments for approval
Catering to WW1 event £750
Lampost poppies for the village £90
Planter pump £10.10
Clerk expenses £47.72
Clerk pay November £337.26
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the accounts for payment.
Grant funds from the bonfire event were discussed and agreed, Cllr E Johnson declared an interest when it was suggested Barrow CofE Primary school receive a small grant as she is a governor, Cllr Johnson did not take part in the discussion or vote.
Otherwise, it was RESOLVED unanimously to make the following grants.
British Legion £100
Cheshire Fire Brigade £100
Barrow CofE Primary School £100
The Planning Register was accepted to date.
18/03876/FUL Members wanted an update on the bat survey.
18/03899/FUL Members thought that the plans would improve the visual impact of the site and had no objections
18/04079/FUL The Parish Council were the applicant for this planning application and did not wish to comment on the consultation
18/04220/FUL Members had concerns about a further conversion at Milton Brook and the cumulative impact this would have on the site following several recent changes to other buildings.
|REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND SUB GROUPS
1. Barrow Parish Playing Field Committee –It was reported that the hedge works were not now part of the pavilion/shop planning application as previously reported.
2. A quote for tree maintenance has been received at £750 for tidying trees and lifting canopy. The new playing field signs are ready and with Cllr Moulstone at the appropriate time, they will be mounted.
3. Footpaths – There was a request from the footpaths committee concerning the siting of a gate. Members needed more information and Cllr Weaver will ask a representative of the footpaths committee to attend the Parish Council meeting to explain. Members were concerned that landowner agreement would be needed for any gates and should that be given written quotes would be needed for the works.
4. Police issues – Cllr Moulstone had met the PCSO and discussed matters in the village.
5. Barrowmore Liaison – Nothing to report.
6. Allotments – Cllr Moulstone will remind allotment holders who have not paid that their fees are overdue.
7. NDP – A meeting will be held between Cllrs P Johnson, Owen and Weaver as soon as it can be arranged.
There was a general discussion about the plans for the shop. There is a need to consider the proof of ownership of the playing field by the Parish Council, Mark Prior or Aaron and Partners may have information about the land ownership. Cllr Moulstone explained he had approved the Heads of Terms document prior to the Parish Council meeting due to the pressing need to get the Post Office side of the business on board.
The Clerk raised concerns about the impact of the grant funding money being paid to Parish Council accounts explaining that this would change the status of the Parish Council for accounting and audit purposes as they would no longer qualify as a, ‘Smaller Local Authority’ with an income or turnover below 25k. This would have an impact on any new Clerk and the Parish Council finances.
ACTION: The Clerk will contact Joanna Douglass at CWaC for further advice,
ACTION: Cllr Moulstone to discuss with Kate Harrison the way that community groups in Ashton Hayes have operated in relation to grant-funded projects.
Members and local residents are encouraged to report all Highways matters online.
The Defibrillator will be moved to the school and will be installed by negotiation with the school as soon as possible.
This had been a very successful event with positive feedback from many in the community.
Despite some concerns previously the bonfire event had been a success and money was raised for various organisations in the village.
The Christmas trees have been donated to the village and K Runciman has some supplies for the Christmas event and has kindly offered to assist on the night. The winner of the Christmas Card Competition will switch on the lights.
FINAL GOWY GATHERING
The event takes place 14th December at 7 pm at Dunham on the Hill Bowshaw Centre. Cllr E Johnson will supply the contact details for one of the residents who has been nominated for an award
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION OR NEXT AGENDA
The meeting closed at 9.30pm
DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday 11th December 2018 at 7.45pm Following the light switch on at 6.30pm