|Cllr M Moulstone – Chairperson
Cllr S James
Cllr E Johnson
Cllr P Johnson
Cllr F Rackham
Members of the public: 0
Cllr A Faulkner – Work commitments
Cllr J Hassells
Cllr J Owen – Family commitments
Cllr S Weaver – Holiday
|DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
There were no new declarations of interest and no dispensations sought.
ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES.
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the minutes as an accurate record of the meeting held 8th May 2018.
Cllr E Johnson updated the meeting on an event being planned at J W Polo Nortons Lane, Cllr Johnson has been involved with meetings following contact as the ward Councillor with residents concerned about the impact of traffic and noise. At present, the site only has a Temporary Events Licence which restricts the number of people on site at an event. Should the event organiser wish to sell more tickets they would need to apply to the council and there would be a consultation. Cllr Johnson will update the Parish Council at the next meeting.
CLLR JOHNSON LEFT THE MEETING AT 7.45PM
There were no members of the public present.
A. The Cash Book was accepted to date.
B. £48 received for the sale of footpath booklets
C. Payments for approval
Cheshire Community Action £20
M Moulstone Footpaths maintenance £420
M Moulstone Pavilion repairs £278.02
Cllr Moulstone declared an interest in these payments as he had completed the works.
Grass cutting T Spruce £450
Barrow Village Hall 73.50
HMRC Q1 £265.13
Clerk pay June £337.26
Clerk expenses £28.96
Plants for school planter £14.99
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the accounts for payment.
The planning register was accepted.
A new application at Shepherds Cottage was discussed, there were no objections to the application.
|REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND SUB GROUPS
1. Barrow Parish Playing Field Committee –The damage caused by vandalism was more than originally thought and included damage to the window handles internally which have needed to be replaced. RESOLVED unanimously a cost of £278.02 for repairs. Cllr Moulston declared an interest in the item due to completing the repair works and did not vote. Cllr Mpulstone will liaise with Mark Prior about the future of the pavilion and keep the Parish Council informed.
2. Footpaths – There was no new information to discuss, Cllr Weaver was on holiday and will update at the next meeting.
3. Police issues – There is an ongoing investigation into a recent serious incident at Barrowmore, no update from the police is yet available.
4. Barrowmore Liaison – Barrowmore will be soon submitting a planning application to Cheshire West and Chester Planning Department once this is submitted the Parish Council will be consulted and Barrowmore representatives can be invited to discuss the application at a Parish Council meeting.
5. Allotments – Cllr Hassells was not present at the meeting to give an update.
6. NDP – There were no new updates at this time.
Lots of work is being undertaken regarding potholes and re-surfacing works this is very welcome.
It was RESOLVED unanimously that the defibrillator outside the old shop should be moved to Barrow Primary School.
The new defibrillator will need to be fitted with a case and installed in the phone box. ACTION Cllr Rackham to investigate with NW ambulance. ACTION Clerk to check the records to check whether the BT phone box has been adopted officially by the Parish Council.
Cllr Johnson has arranged for the Fire Service choir to give a concert on Saturday 10th November at 2pm at the church. This will be followed by an afternoon tea at the Village Hall. All monies raised would be shared between the British Legion and Help the Heroes. Tickets will be limited to 150 and will cost £5 per adult and £15 for a family of 4.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION OR NEXT AGENDA
WW1 event update
The meeting closed at 8.50pm
DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday 11th September 2018 at 7.30pm