Barrow Parish Council – Footpaths Committee Meeting 7th January 2019
C Youngs, M Moulstone (Chair, Barrow PC), G Higginbotham, R Simpkins, R Tomlinson, P Walsh (minutes).
P Atkinson (CWAC), R Ankers (CWAC),
Minutes of Last Meeting on 07/01/19
Minutes were accepted as correct.
1/ Guide Books – Since the record listed in the minutes of 12/11/18, 6 books have been sold at £3 each:
|Date 10/09/2018 Balance from last record||£ 442.07|
|Income 10 new books sold
Proceeds from sales
|Stock locations: Bluebell Café, Guilden Sutton PO, Helsby PO, Tarvin PO, Foxcote, CY.|
|Latest total||£ 490.07|
2/ FP2 – CY to raise concerns regarding FP2, FP9 and FP20 by writing a letter asking the PC to forward to CWAC about the safety of walkers, suggesting if work cannot be carried out on FP20 steps this PROW should be closed as they do not comply with H&S a plan of the step measurements to be enclosed.
3/ FP 24 (Ferma Lane to Little Barrow) – PA/RA to not available to confirm installation of steps to the path at Barrow 3 – carried over to next meeting.
4/ Riders – RT confirmed he has installed the ‘no horses’ signs supplied by RA by Greysfield and the snicket connecting Manor Park to Village Road as per previous minutes.
5/ FP17 – PA has written to the landowner requesting the ditch is backfilled between positions 3 and 4 and acover tube is applied to the electric fencing.
6/ Church lane – GH has replaced the missing stock wire. Gate installation is being costed and discussed with the tenant. Permissive path signs to be installed temporarily.
7/ FP 7 – RA to install signage next Monday and will also confirm style re-use. Carried over due to PA absence.
8/ FP 23 – PA was to speak to Colin Worall rregarding removal of the redundant style. CY to follow up PA.
9/ The Hunt – Following concerns raised about the hunt CY is to write to the Cheshire Wildlife Trust
10/ RA has raised issues with line management regarding contractors not fulfilling cutting duties. Carried over from previous meeting due to RA absence
11/ RA to follow up missing sandstone from the bottom of mill lane. This was taken by the contractor when the steps were replaced and this matter has been outstanding for some time. Carried over from previous meeting due to RA absence
12/ MM confirmed costs of kissing gates funding from the parish council for footpath 12. CY to approach owners regarding installation and maintenance. were confirmed at £230 plus £75 installation.
13/ The gates are being locked at the roadside on path 13. PA has approached the owner to advise of the requirement to maintain public access.
Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting is on Monday 25th Feb as 2019 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall (4th March was not available)
Appendix of Outstanding Footpaths Work
|Path 2||4||21/11/12||Works are still required to extend steps to the bridge but there are no funds to address this at the present.||Committee to maintain awareness/ continue to raise concerns|
|Gowy crossing steps very steep. Extra step needed. Bridge in poor/unsafe condition.||No funds available. Committee to maintain awareness/ continue to raise concerns|
|Path 9||10/09/18||Significant erosion requires repair and the installation of a plank crossing, plus replacement steps for the stile. No funds available||Committee to maintain awareness/ continue to raise concerns|
|Path 13||22/01/08||Signage inadequate.||PA to review.|
|Path 19||2||07/09/15||New gate needed at Mill||No action at present|
|Replacement steps are far too high. More steps needed.||PA to raise as a H&S issue.|
|Path 23||–||14/10/13||The path is overgrown||A work sheet is in. PA will check signage between this and Path 12 and query stile to be removed|
|Path 29||–||12/11/18||Barnhouse lane to path 13 – No funds available for works at the present||Committee to maintain awareness/ continue to raise concerns|