|Cllr M Moulstone – Chairperson
Cllr J Hassells
Cllr S James
Cllr F Rackham
Members of the public: 1
Cllr E Johnson
Cllr P Johnson
Cllr J Owen
Cllr S Weaver
|DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
There were no new declarations of interest and no dispensations sought.
ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES.
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the minutes as an accurate record of the meeting held 11th September 2018.
Chris Youngs from the Footpaths Committee attended to ask about the folder containing documents on the Jubilee Footpath. This has not yet been found. Members were also updated that Footpath 31 has now been adopted as a Public Right of Way.
A member of the public has raised concerns about the Rainbows group closing down. The Parish Council is always concerned to hear about any group or service in the village closing down and would be sympathetic to a grant request if that would support the group to continue and should the group wish to submit an application.
A. The Cash Book was accepted to date.
B. £30 was received for the WW1 event
C. Payments for approval
T. Spruce £240
Clerk pay October £337.29
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the accounts for payment.
The Planning Register was accepted to date.
The Clerk updated members with information from Tim Williams about planning applications involving trees.
|REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND SUB GROUPS
1. Barrow Parish Playing Field Committee –Three Scotch Pines are leaning and will need work doing, this work is contained within the planning application that has been submitted for the pavilion/shop.
2. Footpaths – The meeting was updated under public participation that footpath 31 has been adopted as a Public Right of Way.
3. Police issues – The trailer parked on the roadside has now been removed.
4. Barrowmore Liaison – The bonfire will go ahead at Barrowmore on Monday 5th November. Start time 5.30pm with the bonfire being lit between 6 and 6.30pm and fireworks at 7pm. The cost will be £5 per adult and £2 per child over 5 years of age. The Risk Assessment for the event will be provided to the Clerk and the three people involved in the fireworks display are all fully trained. A further meeting will be held at Barrowmore to confirm detailed plans for the event.
5. Allotments – A gate post has broken off. Cllr Moulstone will arrange for this to be fixed.
6. NDP – There was nothing new to update on the NDP.
Cllr Moulstone presented a Heads of Terms agreement for the operation of a shop and post office on the site of the playing pavilion. Cllr Moulstone asked members to return comments concerning the agreement as the terms need to be agreed in order to make a formal approach to the Post Office. A detailed planning application has been submitted to CWaC
There has been a complaint about water running down the main road from a gateway into a field owned by the Oldfield Trust. Cllr Johnson was not present at the meeting but had offered previously to speak to those involved.
RESOLVED unanimously to order red and gold paint for the telephone box. Once plans for the pavilion and shop move ahead members would like to consider a defibrillator on the playing field.
A caterer has been confirmed for the event.
Cllr Weaver has the poppies for displaying around the village, she has some assistance to mount them but needs further help in some areas. Cllr Moulstone will contact Cllr Weaver about this.
Plans for the bonfire were discussed and agreed under the Barrowmore Liason item 8.4.
Cllr Rackham will ask K.Runciman if she is happy to order two trees for the village, one for Long Looms and one for the Village Hall. RESOLVED unanimously to fund the cost of two Christmas trees.
FINAL GOWY GATHERING
The event takes place 14th December at 7pm at Dunham on the Hill Bowshaw Centre.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION OR NEXT AGENDA
Cattle bedding business at Morley Hall
The meeting closed at 9.15pm
DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday 13th November 2018 at 7.30pm