|Cllr M Moulstone – Chairperson
Cllr A Faulkner
Cllr J Hassells
Cllr E Johnson
Cllr P Johnson
Cllr J Owen
Cllr F Rackham
Cllr S Weaver
Members of the public: 3
Cllr S James – Unwell
|DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
There were no new declarations of interest and no dispensations sought.
ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES.
A minor amendment was made under item 8 Allotments. It was thereafter RESOLVED unanimously to accept the minutes as an accurate record of the meeting held 12th December 2017.
Three members of the public attended and the following issues were raised:
1. Continuing issues on Morley Lane – The Chairman reported that discussions were under way with Planning Enforcement and Highways regarding this matter.
2. Trees on the verges of the B5132 are still causing an issue with the BT lines overhead. Mr Williams has been out to look at the trees and CWaC will not take responsibility for the trees because they are not dangerous at the present time but it is believed they are causing disruption to the BT Broadband service for at least one property.
3. Potholes through the village are a problem
4. The lights at the cutting on Manor Park have been worked on recently but have not yet been changed to LED.
A. The Cash Book was accepted to date.
B. The Clerk reported she had banked the recent firework and footpaths money.
C. Payments for approval
Hayrack Farm £200
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the financial information and payments for approval.
D. Following approval of the budget at the last meeting (December) it was RESOLVED unanimously to increase the precept by 3% to cover the cost of inflation. ACTION Clerk to submit the precept request to CWaC.
The planning register was accepted.
The planning application at Heath Farm, Irons Lane, 17/05047/FUL was discussed, members would be keen to see improvements on this site however they are very concerned about drainage from the property in an area where there is already localised flooding and where the water drains to soakaways and not mains watercourse drains. At present drainage for the property is to a triple chamber septic tank and it is felt this would not be sufficient for the plans to develop the site which include a number of additional bathrooms. While the Parish Council have no objections in principle to the plans for the building they would ask that should the application be approved there are conditions attached regarding suitable provision for adequate drainage.
An application has been submitted for the old Great Barrow Stores property on Main Street, 18/00031/FUL, to change the existing store and flat to a single dwelling. Members noted that this property was registered as an asset of community value (ACV) under the Localism Act and asked that the planners gave consideration to that but had no objections in principle to the application.
Local Plan Part Two is open for consultation, the Clerk has circulated the link to information from CWaC to all members.
The Parish Council are considering a housing needs survey so they can collect independent data direct from residents, Cllr P Johnson will look at whether the NDP housing survey template could be reused and this would be discussed at a future meeting.
The Shop has put in a planning application, there was no new information until the application is decided.
REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND SUBGROUPS
1. Rev Andy Stinson St Bartholomew’s Church – Rev Stinson gave an update on plans for churchyard provision which have been agreed by the Parochial Church Council. The Church is considering medium-long term plans for the possible extension of the Churchyard to future-proof provision of services in the village. Rev Stinson also discussed the Barrow News and the balance of needs between the church, the Parish Council and the wider village. The Parish Council wish to thank Kathryn for all her hard work on the publication.
2. Barrow Parish Playing Field Committee – There was no new information to report.
3. Footpaths – The folder containing information about Church Lane has not yet been located.
4. Police issues – PC Boulton and PCSO Netherton attended the recent Gowy gathering. Members were also interested to learn more about the implications and plans to move the police base in Mickle Trafford.
5. Barrowmore Liaison – Barrowmore had attended a public session prior to the Parish Council meeting giving a broad outline for plans on the estate to develop a 3.1-acre site, there will be a choice of 4 potential schemes and there will be a full public consultation to discuss the options.
6. Allotments – The Allotments AGM takes place 9th January the same evening as the Parish Council meeting.
7. NDP – There are no new updates to report.
Large potholes have been reported by Cllr E Johnson and others on Station Lane and the B5132 down the hill from the church
Mike Allard the Planning Enforcement Officer has advised the Parish Council to write formally about the situation on the B5132 at Milton Brook.
Cllr E Johnson recommended that the Parish Council apply for funding from her budget as a CWaC member towards the costs of tree works. ACTION – Cllr E Johnson to request that the forms are forwarded to the Clerk. ACTION – Clerk to complete the relevant forms.
FOR INFORMATION OR NEXT MEETING
The next Gowy forum takes place on 16th April at 6.30pm at Safety Central near the Lymm Interchange.
Parish Council insurance to be discussed at the next meeting.
DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday 13th February 2018 at 7.30pm.