|Cllr M Moulstone – Chairperson
Cllr J Hassells
Cllr S James
Cllr E Johnson
Cllr P Johnson
Cllr J Owen
Members of the public: 3
Cllr A Faulkner – Work commitments
Cllr F Rackham
|DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
The Clerk declared an interest in item 9a Clerk contract.
ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES.
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the minutes as an accurate record of the meeting held 11th July 2017.
One member of the public attended and raised the following issues:
1. There was a road closure up to Barrowmore with no notice given
2. There is a very untidy area at the bottom of Manor Park – Cllr Moulstone will raise this with Barrowmore
3. A member of the public queried whether there would be a footpaths report as she had some concerns relating to footpaths in the village. She also asked when are the footpath committee meetings and asked whether the dates for these are advertised.
4. Mud on the road from Morley Hall Farm is dangerous in Morley Lane
5. Morley Hall Farm is using a new exit from the farm on Morley Lane, does this need planning permission?
A. The Cash Book was accepted to date.
B. The Clerk received £67 from Cllr Weaver for footpath booklet sales and £24 from Cllr Hassells for allotment payments. Both Cllrs and the Clerk signed a receipt to confirm the amounts paid and received.
C. Payments for approval
T Spruce Grass Cutting £800
Nick Brooks Skips £132.62
M Moulstone £350.75
J Tomlinson Woodstain £15.58
Clerk Expenses £34.87
Internal Audit, Mr Wright £285
It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the financial information and payments for approval.
D. The Clerk reported that when she had come to submit paperwork for internal audit, the auditor proposed by Cllr E Johnson had been unable to complete the work. To this end, she secured agreement from Cllrs by email due to the summer break to appoint Mr C R H Wright to complete the audit, the Clerk is familiar with Mr Wright’s work with other Parish Councils. Mr Wright had conducted the Internal Audit and made his report which will be filed with these minutes. Cllrs accepted the Internal Auditors report as accurate but wished to record their disappointment at the contents. Members feel they did raise appropriate questions and challenge with the previous Clerk but received unsatisfactory responses.
E. The Clerk has responded to the points raised by the auditor in a letter which was sent to accompany the internal audit report to BDO external auditors, a copy will be filed with these minutes.
F. Cllrs had received the model financial regulations from the Clerk, it was noted they are quite lengthy and members would like some further time to consider them, adoption will be discussed at the next meeting in October.
The only new planning application to discuss was Willow Corner. A neighbour had responded to the Parish Council with a number of concerns regarding this application, Councillors supported the residents concerns and the Clerk has responded to the Planning Department accordingly.
|REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND SUBGROUPS
1. Barrow Parish Playing Field Committee – It was necessary to postpone the Pavilion Open Day. The perimeter footpaths need trimming back as pushchairs cannot get through. Mr Spruce has been doing the grass cutting on the field, this has been a success and members agreed they would like him to continue. Helen Hockley has offered to plant some daffodils in the vicinity of the playing field. The Parish Council are grateful for the offer and support the planting of daffodil bulbs.
2. Footpaths – Concerns were raised about access to a footpath on land at The Hough Farm which is impassable by walkers, the landowner has raised concerns in the past that he does not want bridleway access on his land. In addition to this the same landowner has diverted a footpath which has caused further issues for walkers as the diversion is thick with cattle slurry. The Parish Council have raised these issues with the farm in the past and now feel that action is needed from CWaC. ACTION – Cllr Weaver to provide the relevant footpath numbers to the Clerk ACTION – Clerk to send a letter to the Footpaths Officer.
3. Police issues – The Police will attend the upcoming Gowy Forum Meeting on Tuesday 19th September.
4. Website – Cllr Owen reported that the website is now live www.barrowpc.org. The new link will be sent to the Parish magazine. ACTION: Cllr Weaver to send the link to Kathryn at the Barrow News.
5. Barrowmore Liaison – The next Barowmore liaison meeting is 14th September. The annual bonfire and fireworks display will take place Sunday 5th November at 6 pm. Concerns for Barrowmore residents were raised when they walk or cycle out of the estate as there is no footpath, a suggestion was made that they could wear high visibility items of clothing especially with winter approaching. A member raised concerns about a rumour she had heard relating to asbestos on the site of the bonfire. ACTION – Cllr Moulstone to investigate with Barrowmore.
. Concerns for Barrowmore residents were raised when they walk or cycle out of the estate as there is no footpath, a suggestion was made that they could wear high visibility items of clothing especially with winter approaching. A member raised concerns about a rumour she had heard relating to asbestos on the site of the bonfire. ACTION – Cllr Moulstone to investigate with Barrowmore.
6. Allotments – There are plans for a Halloween party.
7. NDP – Cllr P Johnson has met with the new spatial planner and now has a timeline of what needs to happen. The next stage is a consultation for six weeks with the statutory consultees.
Cllr E Johnson gave feedback on the meeting held with Highways on 9th August. The patching work on Lampitts Lane has been marked up and the gullies work has started. Cllr Moulstone has visited 24 Lampitts Lane but has not yet made contact with the resident. The Clerk has contacted Mr I Johnson regarding the loose gravel and stone chippings on the track leading to the field at the back of Long Looms.
The Highways Department supplied a template letter to use when residents have overgrown hedges which are affecting roads or footpaths.
Following a visit from the trees officer, Mr Williams approval for BT to cut the trees affecting telephone cables had been given. In addition, the trees planted near to The Croft on the grass verge also needed to come down.
Cllr E Johnson had also been in contact with Streetscene regarding weed spraying in the village. Neil Bowyer from CWaC had attended and agreed that a further weed spray was required.
Concerns have been raised about a track at Morley Hall Farm being made into a hardcore road and exiting into Morley Lane, it was questioned whether planning permission would be required for hard standing to be laid across farmland. In addition exiting into a narrow country lane may cause some road safety issues and the Parish Council would like the Highways Department to make an assessment of road safety and appropriate signage. As noted earlier in the meeting there is mud on the road from tractors exiting and a further issue of unstable loads carrying potatoes using the exit.
ACTION – Clerk to contact planning and Highways to make them aware of the matter
ACTION – Clerk to send a polite letter requesting the farm use a road brush to clear the public highway
ACTION – Cllr Johnson to provide the name of the farmer to write to.
a. It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the model contract recommended by CHALC as discussed with the Clerk at the time of her appointment.
b. It was RESOLVED unanimously to appoint Autela Payroll to manage the Parish Council payroll.
c. The Clerk presented a schedule to review policies and procedures, 3-4 polices will be considered between the October and March meetings.
CHESHIRE WEST AND CHESTER BOUNDARY REVIEW CONSULTATION
The Boundary review will be discussed at the forthcoming Gowy Forum. Great Barrow is not happy with the proposed warding arrangement linking with Guilden Sutton, Mickle Trafford and Elton as they consider these villages to be the commuter belt which do not have similar rural characteristics.
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION OR NEXT MEETING
Review of Parish Council Insurance
DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Tuesday 10th October 2017 at 7.30pm at Barrow Village Hall